|The AFWPi was founded in 1995,
to serve the need of the wedding industry in the Sacramento Ca market.
We discovered wedding professionals were in need of basic business
services. We invited several of the top wedding professionals in the
area to develop our code of ethics which is below. We were introduced
to a new concept later that year called the internet! A website was
created listing the new members and offering the opportunity to become
part of our group. Soon afterward we started receiving memberships
from wedding profesionals from around the world. While our focus has
expanded, our goal amd mission remains the same. We have maintained a
very cost effective dues allowing even startups to be able to be
assisted. What can we do for you?
AfWPi is an international community of wedding and special
event professionals, providing marketing resources and exposure to
members, education opportunities, and support for the wedding industry.
Afwpi exists to develop the wedding and event industry into a respected
and prosperous entity, through building relationships between and among
professionals, brides, the media and the general public, throughout the
Code of Ethics:
As members of the Association for Wedding Professionals, We
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- Communicate completely with their customers regarding
prices, what the service/product includes and what is in the contract.
- If a dispute arises, settle it professionally and
- Return phone calls to current as well as potential
- Treat other wedding professionals with respect.
- Assist in the advancement of the wedding industry by
helping to educate the public and potential wedding professionals.
- Observe all laws and obtain any license(s) required
by law for any businesses as well as your type of business.
- Honor all agreements made with customers, suppliers
and services provided to you.